Live Chat

Monday 11 July 2011

Material Girl

Me and a friend Charlie, were on our way home from a Friday night out in London. We were standing waiting for our tube chatting away when this guy approached me and said "Excuse me. Do you mind feeling my jacket and telling me what fabric this is made out of?"

Confused by it all I said, "What?"

Despite the look on my face he continues and rephrases the question, "Do you mind feeling the fabric of my jacket and letting me know what it is made out of?" He leans in and gestures for me to follow his lead.

I respond to his request and I obediently take the fabric and rub it in between my fingers. Confused by his request and even more so by what his jacket is made out of. I think long and hard about what the fabric is actually made out of.

I finally conclude, "Ummm... a cotton polyester blend?".

I think to myself, I have the right answer and at this point I am feeling pretty proud of it too. He smirks, he grins and cheekily says, "Don't you mean... boyfriend material?"

Boom tish.

Welcome to bad pick up lines. And to girls that fall for them.

3 comments:

simpleinsanepunk said...

YOU ARE ADORABLE!!!!!

xx

Jack Linton said...

Lol can I second being such a sucker. It's so cheesy it's kinda funny, I woulda gone further and taken a number haha

confessionsofaserialtraveller said...

You are so predictable Jack!

I LMFAO when he said the punch line. Felt REALLY stupid because I genuinely thought he wanted to know what it was made out of. Duhhhh...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...